“I Plan To Turn Over A New Leaf This Year!”
⚡Turn Over A New Leaf⚡
今天跟大家介绍一个有趣的英文谚语（figure of speech），叫做 turn over a new leaf. 中文可直译成 “翻篇了”。
Turn over a new leaf 的真实意思呢，其实是表达一种要洗心革面、重新做人的决心，一般是往好的方面做出改变。
来看一个例句吧：“After years of drifting from job to job, Danny turned over a new leaf and got himself a steady gig.” 这里说的是，Danny小哥经过多年在各种工作之间的辗转，他决定是时候翻篇了，于是他找了一份稳定的工作。
⚡New Leaf 的用法⚡
1. 改变某人的行事方式（往好的方面）（To change one's behavior, usually in a positive way）
Jason has really turned over a new leaf - he hasn't been in the slightest bit of trouble in months.
2. 重新开始，重新做人 (相当于翻开新的一页turn to a fresh page.) （To begin again, fresh; to reform and begin again）
I have made a mess of my life. I'll turn over a new leaf and hope to do better.
4.如果某人决定turn over a new leaf, 意思为他要比之前做得更好 （If someone has turned over a new leaf, they have started to behave in a better way than before）
While Eddie has turned over a new leaf, his brother can still be spotted in the bars along Sunset Strip.
Both men have agreed to turn over a new leaf in their relations with each other.
⚡New Leaf 的起源⚡
⚡历史上的 New Leaf⚡
被大家所熟知的著名英国作家 - 奥斯卡·王尔德（Oscar Wilde），在他因为同性恋（homosexuality - 在18世纪属于犯罪）倾向被捕入狱时，他的好友曾写信劝说他改过自新，对他说过 turn over a new leaf 这句话。 王尔德在狱中也保证一定"改正"，虽然他后来还是投向了新男友的怀抱。
- Monnett agrees too, so much that he has turned over a new leaf.
- There is no indication that Hollywood is turning over a new leaf, free of bloodstains.
- I know I've done some bad things in the past, but now I'm turning over a new leaf.
- Like all fathers, I see fatherhood as a chance to turn over a new leaf.
- After being released from jail, Tony decided to turn over a new leaf.
- Faldo, perhaps above all, will be hoping to turn over a new leaf.
- We urge them to turn over a new leaf.
2018年的夏天快结束了，你准备好 turn over a new leaf 了吗？
- 爱思教育 -
- 英语可以好玩又好学 -
- 关注我们的官方微信，获取更多精彩内容 -